Global Mapper Pro v25.0 is now available for download. This self-guided course will introduce you to the most significant updates and new features in the Pro version of Global Mapper v25.0, including:
- New Least-Cost Path Analysis tool allows users to determine the best path across a terrain surface based on desired parameters
- New Elevation QC analysis tool to perform quality control on gridded elevation layers using 3D vector control points and vertically adjust if desired
- Multiple improvements to point cloud classification and extraction tools including redesigned dialogs and the ability to define custom classifications based on user-created training samples
- Pixels to Points Wizard updates and speed improvements
- New Image and Raster Paint tool for manually adjusting pixel values in RGB and palette-based images, allowing users to live edit their data
To see the latest updates in Global Mapper Pro, you must have version 25.0 downloaded, installed, and licensed. If you have any questions about licensing the new version of Global Mapper, please contact the Blue Marble licensing team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data to complete any written workflows in this course can be downloaded from here.
This data folder downloads as a zipped folder (GM_Pro_v25.zip). You will need to place this folder in an easy-to-access location and unzip it to access the data that will be used in workflows throughout this course. The GM_Pro_v25 folder contains all the needed data files for this course.
Look for the following symbols interspersed throughout the course:
Indicates that data needs to be downloaded to be used in the course workflows.
Denotes a helpful hint or supplemental information about the current topic or theme.
Precedes an informational video in which the instructor demonstrates a tool or workflow.
Indicates a series of step-by-step instructions guiding you through a workflow.
Denotes a bulleted list summarizing the key takeaways.
Introduces a quiz at the end of each lesson.
After you complete each section, click the button to proceed to the next topic.
As a supplement to this introductory course, the Global Mapper Getting Started Guide provides an overview of the capabilities of the software in PDF format, while detailed information on the specific features and functions is available in the Global Mapper User Guide.
If you have any questions about this course or other training options, email email@example.com. If you have technical questions that are beyond the scope of the course, email firstname.lastname@example.org.